Sunday, February 13, 2011

Expansion Costs!

 This is probably the most ridiculous part of this game. The costs of expansions are going through the roof. My most recent cost was $375,000. The next one is going to cost $435,000. That is an increase of $60k. Who knows how much more it is going to be. What a waste. We get bonus coins from $25 to $257 when visiting others, not to mention little amounts of collection bonuses on our franchises but yet the new cost is $60,000 more for land. Stupid.

I can understand buildings  costing 1million or more because of what you get out of it, but the size of the land is not worth the cost.

Thanks for letting me vent. As much as I love this game, I guess some things have to be stupid. Yo development team, how about you put a cap on the expansions? What is next, 1 million for land? That happens and I am done!

As always thanks for the read.

John
Mayor of Highlands Beach, CityVille

“Remember Energy Rules”


6 comments:

nora arthur said...

I agree with you and I think I'm on my last expansion
I cannot keep enough coins to buy the buildings I want
In the rules at first they stated each expansion would cost 1000 coins but I was having trouble with my game and contacted them and pointed out the expansions were to be 1000 coins they gave me a free one and then I noticed they changed the rules
Nothing like changing the rules as the game is played UNFAIR!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Do you mind if I ask what your source is for this information?

John High said...

Read the welcome post by clicking on the tab at the top of this page. There you will find the answer.

Unknown said...

I love this game but with the price of the expansions going up I'm not going to play it anymore. Yesterday an expansion would cost me $50K. I did not get it and planned on getting it today but when I went to purchase the expansion the cost went up to $120K. This is stupid. Guess I'll go back to Farmville.

John High said...

Brandy,
I know it sucks that the cost is going up. I was in the same position as you were. You can do it, just not in 1 hr. You make more $ as you build your city and everything is relevant. What sucks is the expansions now cost 500k each (which has to change. 250k would be more than enough).

I have one of the smallest level 60's towns there is, due to the fact i didn't get into the game until after they raised the expansion costs. Therefore i do not have a giant high level city. I had to stuff everything together. Kind of like a real Metropolis. As far as going back to Farmville. i played it for a short time and it does not even come close to this. It is more laid-back for sure but this is a high energy game. Thanks for the comment...