Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Zoo Trick

Ok so many of you already know this trick. For those of you who do not, you are going to like it. Many of my friends and neighbors are always complaining about not having enough room to build in their cities. Rather than explain it to each and every one of them, I decided to do a post here instead. A lot of you do not realize there are more expansions that can be had. All of which are off screen and that is where the zoo trick comes in…

Take any one of your zoo enclosures and stick it next to the very end of one of your current expansions. Click on “see zoo”. Once you do that, the screen will get bigger and you can now see land that is off screen. This is one of CityVille’s little untold secrets. NOTE: be careful when you move your zoo enclosure by the end of the screen. You do not want the enclosure to get lost on the off screen expansion. Not that big of a deal as you can move another enclosure over to get it out but it can be more time consuming. You can now buy and place expansions all over the place for storage…

Now onto the fun stuff. Start looking around your city for all of the redundant and same items that you have rows and rows of. Examples: 10 capitals, 35 storage units, barns and the like. Ugly, ugly, ugly, do we really need that many capitals? One should do right? Personally I keep one of each of my storage units, silo’s barns for aesthetic purposes only. Do you really need all of your crop master signs taking up an expansion? Who you trying to impress? LOL. I am a crop master in almost all crops but not one is in my city. Players really don’t care and you are taking up valuable room which you could have a really nice park instead. How about all of those corporate buildings? Wasting space unless you are using them for bonus payouts (very little) by surrounding them with your businesses…

Take it however you want but with a bit more room you can let your creativity flow a bit more. I think that is one of the reasons CityVille came up with the neighborhood idea. You can get rid of all those rows and rows of the same housing. Since I have been upgrading my city I don’t really have a use for the neighborhoods myself since I have actually been deleting population and have been using high pop housing…

Hope this helps my peeps…


As Always Thanks For Stopping By

John
The "Governator" of Highlands Beach

Remember Energy Rules!

PS – Photo Complements of Lee Gitly
Click on photo for larger view...

No comments: